Research Office Location
WVU Research Office
886 Chestnut Ridge Rd
PO Box 6216
Morgantown, WV 26506-6216
Phone: (304) 293-3449
Fax: (304) 293-7498
The Office of the Vice President for Research and Economic Development is located on the fourth floor of the Chestnut Ridge Research Building. This building is also home to the Office of Research Compliance, Technology Transfer and Office of Sponsored Programs, all on the Second Floor.
Directions and Map
DIRECTIONS TO THE CHESTNUT RIDGE RESEARCH BUILDING (CRRB) FROM I-68
- Take exit 7, Pierpont Road (If traveling I-68 W, stay to the right on the exit ramp. If traveling I-68E, make a left at the stoplight at end of exit ramp.)
- Go straight through one stoplight (Exxon will be on the left)
- Proceed to next stoplight; make a left at this light.
- Go up the hill and proceed to a stoplight. Go straight through the stoplight intersection which becomes an area known as “the Mileground.” A Go-Mart is on the left and an Enterprise on the right.
- At the next stoplight, turn right onto WV 705/Chestnut Ridge Road. Proceed straight through the next three stoplights on 705 and get in left lane.
- At the fourth stoplight on 705 there is a Sheetz on the left and a Walgreen’s on the right. Remain in the left lane, and go straight through this light.
- Immediately after the light at Sheetz, get into the middle turning lane on the left. Turn into the small access road on the left just past Sheetz which will take you to the CRRB, a tall brown building to your left that is situated directly behind Sheetz.
DIRECTIONS TO THE CHESTNUT RIDGE RESEARCH BUILDING (CRRB) FROM I-79
- Take exit 155 Star City/WVU (If traveling I-79 N, stay to the right off of the exit ramp. If traveling I-79S, make a left at the stop sign at end of exit ramp.)
- Go straight through two red lights (Sheetz will be on your right)
- Proceed across the Star City Bridge.
- Go straight through the traffic light at the end of the bridge and proceed up the hill toward the WVU Coliseum.
- At the next red light, make a left onto Patteson Drive (The WVU Coliseum is on the right.)
- Proceed straight through next three lights.
- At the intersection of Patteson Drive and 705 (Chestnut Ridge Road) there will be a BB&T Bank straight ahead. Stay in the far right lane and make a right at this red light onto 705/Chestnut Ridge Road. (The right lane is a turning lane onto this road). Hardee’s is on the left.
- Go through the next red light and make the first right turn after the traffic light. Make a right turn just after the light. This is a small access road to the CRRB – a tall brown building straight ahead.
For your convenience, below is a link to maps of the West Virginia University Downtown and Evansdale/Health Science Campus (HSC) campuses. Please click the link to open the maps. http://www.wvu.edu/campusmap