The Federal Research Relations Office acts in the best interest of West Virginia University’s community and university priorities to support and enhance our academic reputation.
We serve the University community by:
- Remaining informed of and active in federal activities based in Washington, D.C. by communicating and meeting with federal legislators, staff, and other agency personnel to share information about the university’s current accomplishments, programs, and initiatives.
- Tracking and analyzing legislation and regulations for potential impact on West Virginia University’s faculty, staff, and programs.
- Designing and executing a federal outreach strategy for the university by making University priorities and developments known to the Members of Congress.
- Promoting appropriations for the federal agencies that provide funding support for WVU’s research efforts and other initiatives.
- Serving as the institutional point of contact for public officials and the students, staff, and faculty of West Virginia University for matters relating to the federal government.
WVU’s Federal Research Relations Office works to help achieve the broader Research Office mission to: “Generate and disseminate new knowledge and foster other scholarly and creative works; develop innovative technologies; promote entrepreneurship; and advance economic development through technology transfer and the commercialization of inventions.”
If you have any questions regarding lobbying disclosures in general or submission of quarterly lobbying disclosure reports, please do not hesitate to contact Mary Bowman or Sarah Wheeler.
Research Funding Opportunities
If you are looking for research funding opportunities or looking to see what research is being done please visit OSP’s website for further information and additional resources.