Mr. Martin reports directly to the Vice President for Research, works closely with the Associate Vice President for Finance on developing and/or revising research related policies and procedures, and serves on various committees and working groups engaged in activities associated with the research and overall missions of the University.
This office is responsible for the delivery and oversight of research administration processes to faculty, administrators and research sponsors.
Mr. Martin started his career at WVU in 1987 as the Assistant Director of the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), serving as Director of OSP from 2000 to 2012. In 2006 he was promoted to Assistant Vice President for Research Administration and has served as the Associate Vice President for Research Administration since 2014. In addition he serves on the board of directors for the Research Corporation, serving as Secretary. He is a member of National Council of University Research Administrators and Society of Research Administrators.
Responsible for the oversight of the following Research Office Units:
- Office of Sponsored Programs
- Office of Research Integrity and Compliance
- Office of Program Management
- Research Corporation Human Resources Office
- Shared Research Facilities Office
- Office of Export Control
- Research Office Communications
- Master of Public Administration, West Virginia University
- Bachelor of Arts, West Virginia University