Collaborative Internal Seed Funding Announcement from Offices of Research and Global Affairs
In a collaborative effort, the Offices of Research, Global Affairs and the Energy Institute are pleased to announce an internal seed funding program to encourage research with an international dimension. For the first program year, the selected topical area will be energy. This includes projects that are exclusively energy and those with a partial emphasis on energy, examples include: energy/water; energy/food; energy policy/law or energy finance/management, and energy security. Our intention is to provide funding, awarded on a competitive basis, as a stepping stone to transition the international research effort to sustained external support.
Three awards up to a maximum of $20k each are expected. The program seeks to:
- Develop collaborations with foreign institutions including private industry and foreign laboratories; preference will be given to efforts targeting the Middle East, Latin America and Asia.
- Stimulate new areas of inquiry;
- Advance research efforts leading to publication and national/international presentations;
- Increase the visibility, especially internationally, of WVU research;
- And to support activities leading to external funding.
The 2017 solicitation for this seed funding for international research is now closed.
A new targeted area of interest will be announced in late 2017/early 2018.