EvaluationExternal Evaluation of this IGERT is performed on an annual
- Identify societally relevant problems; propose an interdisciplinary approach; assemble
a team; set goals and milestones; function as a leader or team member; give and
receive feedback.; Behave professionally and ethically.
- Learn a range of experimental and computational techniques; appreciate their strengths
and limitations; develop expertise in a subset of techniques
- Develop a strong foundation of knowledge in a core area, and the ability to interact
with people from other fields; integrate that knowledge with their core knowledge.
- Develop a global perspective on the role of nanomaterials, including policy issues
surrounding their regulation, and socioeconomic access issues.
- Develop an explicit awareness of the importance of innovation and translation of
basic research into products that benefit society.
- Become effective communicators with researchers in other fields; with policy makers
and laypersons about their research and it’s relevance to society.
Institution and Faculty
- Increase interdisciplinary collaborations
- Provide good mentoring to interdisciplinary researchers
- Effectively manage the program
- Modify the program in response to participant needs.