EPSCoR Research Infrastructure Improvement Program: Track-2 Focused EPSCoR Collaborations
- WVU Internal Application: September 18, 2023
- Agency Letter of Intent: December 19, 2023
This is an EPSCoR program which requires that a WVU team partner with another team from least one other EPSCoR jurisdiction.
PIs and Co-PIs must have experience in the disciplinary expertise in the area of proposed focus. Inclusion of a predominantly undergraduate institution (PUI) or minority serving institution (MSI) is strongly encouraged. As well the NSF strongly recommends proposals that foster the career development of diverse early-career faculty. There is a single theme this year: “advancing climate change research and resilience capacity to expand opportunities for disproportionately affected communities."
WVU is only allowed to lead one of these teams, however there is no restriction on acting as a subawardee on a collaborative proposal from another jurisdiction. It is strongly recommended that you pursue submission both from WVU and through your partner institutions, as this is an oversubscribed program within WVU.
For two EPSCoR states is $1M/yr for 4 years; if 3 or more EPSCoR states $1.5M/yr for 4 years.
Internal Proposal Instructions
Email to: WVU_Internal@mail.wvu.edu with subject line: “NSF-Track 2” by the above internal deadline.
- All PI and Co-PI(s) and faculty level Senior Personnel with Departmental and University Affiliations (not included in page count)
- Project Description (jargon free): (no more than 3 pages)
- Describe your proposed research effort
- What is its intellectual merit?
- Provide the rationale for the specific selection of your team (complementary expertise and resources) and how this combined grouping allows you to tackle the problem more effectively than you would alone.
- Indicate how the team has collaborated previous to this submission.
- How will your effort advance the career development of diverse early-career faculty?
- What broader impacts do you expect?
- Budget outline (how much to each institution)